Friday, July 3, 2009

I heart Julie and Amy Lynn Brown.

One of my favorite stories about the wedding has surprisingly little to do with Brandon. No offense, dear goofball. Are you familiar with the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? I hail it as the ultimate story about love, but not just marriage and starting a family and kisses love. This is the best-friend-you-never-knew-you-needed love. 'Til death do us part may still apply.

Well, I share this bond with one Julie S. I won't type her last name for privacy reasons, and because maybe I still can't spell it after all these years. (Ok, that's a lie, but it is difficult.) Miss Julie agreed to be my maid of honor, and she put a whole new set of standards on such a position. In summary, a notable contribution was made to our day via this gal. She was well aware of my nervousness regarding only one facet of this wedding: needing makeup that would last the day and photograph well under professional lighting. She saw my sweat and worries, and stepped in to help in such a grand way.

I found Amy Lynn, a Nashville makeup artist through fellow bridal blogger the Budget Savvy Bride. After meeting with Amy, there was so much peace about the whole topic, except for one major detail: I simply did not have it in my budget to hire her. I tried squirming around with some numbers, and even arranging a bridal fair to raise some money and spotlight her. No such luck though. I think you see it coming.... After a few months had gone by, I'd come to terms with doing my own makeup, but I was scared as heck. There was no other way.

On April 18th, a month before the wedding, Julie stopped by my apartment to give me a birthday gift. Sweet enough, in and of itself. She handed me a card where she had written, "Call Amy Lynn. She's waiting to hear from you for your trial run."

WHAT?!!!!! I stared at the card in disbelief for so long. The services of Amy Lynn. GIVEN TO ME? If this is a joke, ouch.

It wasn't. And look what happened because of these two wonderful blessings, in the form of ladies:::






I was on a cloud that whole day. Wow.... Towanda, Julie. Towanda.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful in the pictures! (And of course, you look beautiful even without all the glammed up makeup).

What a neato story. Kudos Julie!

julie said...

TOWANDA!!! :)

Unknown said...

hooray! what a sweet gift from your MOH! :) Amy Lynn is fabulous and you looked GORGEOUS!!!

The Thirty-Somrthing Bride said...

Amy Lynn was suggested to me as well - but not in the budget! I've got a great one though, Sherita Leslie. I've had tons of awesome referals! I have my trial in a week!