Monday, May 3, 2010

The Nashville Flood of 2010


It's happened. Now even downtown Nashville is submerged. The Cumberland river is up 48 feet higher than usual, causing all of downtown to be evacuated. Opryland hotel is under six feet of water. The count as of an hour ago is that 28 have drowned and another 50+ are missing. Seven of my friends have lost their cars, if not more.

My siblings are safe on Trevecca's hill, but at the bottom, the hits are happening. Plant operations is flooded, along with Purity Dairy and the Nolensville/Polk intersection out the back. Most interstates are impassable and have houses floating down them.

It blows my mind that there isn't more national coverage. On Twitter I found a link to this album of the flooding downtown.

In summary: Holy. Crap. This city has just been destroyed.


Thought I would share in case you were wondering and having as hard a time as I was finding information.


-- ashley sue, from the phone

1 comment:

TYhe Thirty-Something Bride said...

Thanks for posting this. We're baffled by the lack of media coverage as well!